Monday, October 22, 2007

Off to the fair

As I was going to the fair,
I saw a man who wasn't there,
When the people moved away from the wall,
I saw he wasn't there at all.

This is a brilliant metaphor for the situation that exists in the logging industry in Tasmania today. A whole bunch of irrelevant actors (like the Greens and Wildos) are taking positions that are being interpreted as meaningful by the public at large.
If only they knew! As soon as the Greens etc change position, the situation clarifies and resolves back to the doorway so we can see our way forwards.
We could go through the doorway into the light but there's a tree in the way so we need loggers to clear the damn thing. Then, with confusion and tree cleared, we can all move forward into the light at last.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a perfect graphical representation of our situation in Tasmania today.

Look, to be honest, I wouldn't have thought it possible to capture the situation SO perfectly.

Well done Forests Now! Another hit!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. I'd seen the graphic in an art museum (or whatever they call them) and I knew it could have been about the logging industry.
I just couldn't work out how until I came across your insightful article.